COURSE: How to be a Lead Teacher 2023
This is a full day course for current or aspiring Lead Teachers/ Lead Practitioners or Advanced Skills Teachers. These roles mean slightly different things in different schools, but they are all fundamentally about being a leading light for teaching and learning helping to developing the practice of other teachers as a leader within a teaching and learning team.
The course covers:
- being a model in your own classroom
- understanding action research
- improving your pedagogical knowledge – understanding the ‘buzz words’ and exploring which ones really matter in your context
- coaching other staff: observation, coaching, feedback
- understanding quality assurance – the big picture
- supporting in subjects outside your specialism
- how to run a research group
- how to deliver effective, bespoke CPD
- how to manage change
The course will be delivered live on Friday 24th November from 09:30-15:30. It will be recorded in full, so you can join live or watch in your own time. You will have access to the materials for course for a full 12 months after the live event.
REMEMBER, if you have a membership to my site, you get a discount on courses.